From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Safe systemd "reload" command
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2016 00:47:39
1 On 06/04/2016 08:19 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > Couldn't you just check for the existence of systemctl, and if it
4 > exists call "systemctl try-restart spamd". That will only work if
5 > systemd is running and spamd is running. I'm sure you can accomplish
6 > the same via dbus as well.
9 Sounds good, do you want to try it and add it to the wiki? =)
10
11 I don't need anything complicated, but I don't run systemd, so I can't
12 actually test anything to make sure it works. But as long as someone
13 else says it does and it doesn't hurt openrc users (I can test that),
14 I'll ship it.