From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] convert wmv to mp4?
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 19:08:25
1 On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz> wrote:
2 >> I just got access to these files today so until this morning I didn't
3 >> even know what format they'd be in.
4 >
5 > Can you provide us with a downloadable sample, or are these files private?
8 Technically they're private but it's not like sharing one file from a
9 month ago to one person somewhere is going to cause anyone any great
10 pain. (IMO only...)
11
12 Before I'd waste any more time in the Gentoo community, unless someone
13 _really_ wants to work on this off list, I'll probably look for
14 possible open source or demo programs I could run in the Win7 VM. It's
15 not important to me where I do the conversion - just that I get them
16 converted.
17
18 I found a web site that does it here:
19
20 http://www.mediaconverter.org
21
22 It's been grinding away on the first file for 20 minutes and it's
23 about 30% of the way done. If that works it looks like it supports
24 batch conversion and could just let it run unattended. It's slow, but
25 that's not important to me really.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Mark