From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] warning: vmware workstation users should not use new 10.0 profile
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 19:05:04
1 On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Keith Dart<keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2 > === On Mon, 08/24, Paul Hartman wrote: ===
3 >> Using the latest vmware-workstation and vmware-modules from the vmware
4 >> overlay (which were added in the past day, it looks like), everything
5 >> seems to be working fine here with 10.0 desktop profile.
6 >
7 > ===
8 >
9 > Do you have the "xcb" use flag set?
10
11 In libX11, yes. I don't explicitly set or unset xcb in male.conf or
12 packages.use, and vmware-workstation and vmware-modules have no USE
13 flags at all in their latest versions. After switching to the 10.0
14 profile, Xcb and other X-related things were emerged/upgraded, though,
15 and I ran xcb-rebuilder.sh and revdep-rebuild both of which found no
16 problems.