From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot start up KDE desktop Environment
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:07:34
1 On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:34:55 +0800 (CST)
2 Lavender <lavender_matrix@×××.com> wrote:
5 > >It seems that you have not installed the correct drivers for your
6 > >card and/or have not defined these correctly in /etc/X11/xorg.conf,
7 > >if indeed you have created such a file (it may not be necessary to
8 > >create it unless there is a particular configuration need for your
9 > >hardware).
10 > >
11 > >I suggest you go back to the Gentoo instructions on how to install
12 > >Xorg and retrace your steps.
13 > >
14 > I have already read it , it's not complicated just few steps to
15 > follow. I just don'tknow where the problem is.
16
17 Post the complete output of /etc/make.conf please.
18
19 You almost certainly didn't define the right drivers, or never built
20 them, or they are outdated. It's one of those three, and the output of
21 make.conf tells the list what your next step is.
24 p.s. you are still a newbie at this Gentoo thing. I *highly* recommend
25 that when someone asks for output or files, that you just give it. Don't
26 make it more complicated for yourself and others by claiming that it is
27 correct and not post the output - you are almost certain to be wrong at
28 this stage. Nothing personal, that's just what happens when you are new
29 to something.
30
31 Besides, if you knew how to solve the problem, you would already have
32 fixed it, right? If you don't know how to solve it, then you also
33 usually don't know where to look for the problem, right?
38 Alan McKinnnon
39 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com