From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problem compiling Avahi
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:05:10
1 On 01/19/2010 04:13 AM, SpaceCake wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have problem to compile Avahi. As far as I see there was several bugs related to this package in the past, so I've tried to perform the steps in those bug reports to fix this issue (recompile python, python packages, playing with useflags etc).
5 > Unfortunately I can't make it work, so I removed avahi from useflags, so my world compile is ok. However I would like to use it, so if anyone has any idea how can I fix it, it could be great
6 >
7 > I think the most important part is
8 >
9 > configure: error: Could not find Python module dbus
10 >
11 > however dbus python is emerged and exists
12 >
13 > however when I import module I've got this
14
15 > ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/_xmlplus/parsers/pyexpat.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode
16
17 An undefined symbol error means that something has changed since that library
18 was installed. The solution is to re-install that library, which means re-install
19 the pyexpat package. I'm guessing that revdep-rebuild would do that for you
20 automatically. You might want to run redep-rebuild anyway because you may have
21 other broken libraries on your machine as well.