From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: Gentoo-User ML <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] urxvt kesyms
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:13:45
1 Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 19:30:18 +0200
2 schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
3
4 > Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> [11-08-30 18:01]:
5 > > Am Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:05:19 +0200
6 > > schrieb meino.cramer@×××.de:
7 > >
8 > > > Hi,
9 > >
10 > > Hi,
11 > >
12 > > > I want to remap the "create new tab", "next tab" and "previous tab"
13 > > > keybindings to the keycombo I used to use with my previous mrxvt.
14 > > >
15 > > > Urxvt has keysym support with a somehow complicate syntax.
16 > > >
17 > > > What is the spelling/nameing of the commands I want to remap?
18 > > >
19 > > >
20 > > > Or more generally:
21 > > > Where can I get a list of all supported commands, which I can
22 > > > map to keys?
23 > >
24 > > I believe you want the technical reference in "man 7 urxvt". It also contains
25 > > some examples in the FAQ, but if you want to skip that, the technical reference
26 > > starts at the section "RXVT-UNICODE TECHNICAL REFERENCE".
27 > >
28 > > > Best regards,
29 > > > mcc
30 > >
31 > > HTH
32 > > --
33 > > Marc Joliet
34 > > --
35 > > "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
36 > > don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup
37 >
38 > Hi Marc,
39
40 Hi,
41
42 > sorry for haveing cause the confusion...
43
44 no problem.
45
46 (Note that I agree that configuring key bindings for urxvt is... complicated. I
47 configured it once, forgot, and am now relearning things a bit.)
48
49 > I meant for example but not exclusevly the name of the commande to create a new tab,
50 > to delete a tab, to choose a font etc...
51
52 Isn't that in the man page urxvt(7)? For example, to change the font size, I
53 have in my ~/.Xresources:
54
55 > URxvt.keysym.Control-Meta-1: command:\033]710;xft:dejavu sans mono:antialias=true:pixelsize=15\007
56 > URxvt.keysym.Control-Meta-2: command:\033]710;xft:dejavu sans mono:antialias=true:pixelsize=24\007
57
58 Now, urxvt(7) says:
59
60 > XTerm Operating System Commands
61 > "ESC ] Ps;Pt ST"
62 > Set XTerm Parameters. 8-bit ST: 0x9c, 7-bit ST sequence: ESC \
63 > (0x1b, 0x5c), backwards compatible terminator BEL
64 > (0x07) is also accepted. any octet can be escaped by prefixing it with SYN (0x16, ^V).
65 [...]
66 > Ps = 50 Set fontset to Pt, with the following special values of Pt (rxvt) #+n change up n #-n change down n if n is missing of 0, a value of 1 is used empty change to font0 n change to font n
67 [...]
68 > Ps = 710 Set normal fontset to Pt. Same as Ps = 50.
69
70 So, to piece it together:
71
72 ESC ] Ps; Pt ST
73
74 becomes
75
76 \033 ] 710; [some font] \007
77
78 (where \033 is the ASCII value for ESC, and \007 is BEL as noted in the
79 man page)
80
81 which is what I have after "command:". So that is how I switch between two font
82 sizes: one for when I'm in front of the computer and one for when I'm sitting
83 on my bed/sofa (it's a small dorm room). Another example for setting up fontsis
84 in the FAQ entry "Can I see a typical configuration?" in urxvt(7).
85
86 To configure the keybindings for tabbing, you need to check the man page
87 urxvtperl(3), since tabbing is implemented as a perl extension. While I
88 didn't find anything, maybe you can :-) . BTW, I just looked at Roman's wiki
89 and I think that you should consider trying his modified version, where you
90 definitely can configure the keybindings.
91
92 > Best regards,
93 > mcc
94
95 Hoping I didn't misunderstand you,
96 --
97 Marc Joliet
98 --
99 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
100 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup