From: Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Symlinking /usr/portage/distfiles
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 13:21:37
Hello,

My distfiles is getting quite big and I was thinking of symlinking it
to another partition (just as a temporary solution until I find the
time to re-partition my hard drive). I know I could just delete what I
don't use, but I hope to keep them until the planned reinstall of
Gentoo, so that I can use at least part of the 1.1 GiB (my bandwith is
limited).

Can symlinking /usr/portage/distfiles (and even /usr/tmp/portage) to
directories on another ext2 partition hurt Portage? Are there any
common pitfalls to this procedure? Are the rights on these directories
preserved at the next mount or do I also have to edit fstab?

Thanks,
Vlad

--
How's my English? How about my Netiquette?
Do mail me if something is wrong with my behaviour. Thank you.