From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel config hell
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 02:47:01
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> You may also want to try lspci -v. It shows you what modules the
6 >> hardware uses and it should be able to boot with those at least. Example:
9 > Well son-of-a-gun... that is nice. Thanks
15 Yea, thanks to whoever mentioned it a while back. I have no clue how I
16 remembered that command either. Usually, I forget if I haven't used it
17 in a while. That should also work from the CD as well in case someone
18 else should see the need to use it.
19
20 Also, keep in mind that you can search for the module in make
21 menuconfig. Hit the / key then type in the module name. Should show
22 the path to get to it as well.
23
24 Us old farts do have some tricks. LOL
25
26 Dale
27