From: "Nico Schümann" <nico.schuemann@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo box "hangs"
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 12:09:58
1 2006/10/7, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com>:
2 > If you suspect the memory/mobo, try instead to compile some large
3 > package. Often this results in random segmentation faults for gcc.
4 > Faulty memory should result in crashes and segfaults and erratic
5 > behaviour, apart from freezes.
6
7 I had had some trouble with my machine crashing in idle until I
8 overclocked the CPU a bit. My machine has never crashed since then. I
9 think that it's a hardware problem, but I got successfully rid of it
10 so it doesn't matter anymore to me yet I think that there _MUST_ be
11 something that just can't be right.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list