From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Recent git kernels break rtc (real-time-clock)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:00:30
1 On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 02:50:46PM -0300, Francisco Ares wrote
2
3 > I'm using gentoo-sources-3.8.13 - out of your scope, though, but I have
4 > recently faced the same issue.
5 >
6 > I rebuilt the kernel using "--menuconfig", to make sure that all RTC
7 > options were enabled. It works, now.
8
9 Me too. It seems that there were some changes recently in the .config
10 file. I recently built a 3.7.10-gentoo-r1 kernel on a new machine and
11 was on the verge of sending an email to the list asking what the bleep I
12 was doing wrong. After some experimentation, I found that I need either
13 CONFIG_RTC=y or CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC=y.
14
15 make menuconfig
16 Device Drivers --->
17 Character devices --->
18 <*> Enhanced Real Time Clock Support (legacy PC RTC driver)
19 [*] HPET - High Precision Event Timer
20
21 You might be able to get away without the the legacy RTC support if
22 you enable HPET. I don't know.
25 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
26 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications