From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey, Linux and bank websites.
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:42:12
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I will know soon enough. The bank itself will be changing to
4 > this mess in a few days. If it doesn't work, I'll just call customer
5 > service to find out my balance because it will be much faster than
6 > trying to get it on the internet. This is if I can get in at all.
7 >
8 > Right now, only my credit card site is doing this. I have had times
9 > where I could not get into the thing to pay bill for over a week
10 > because of this thing. My credit card and bank has two separate websites.
11 >
12 > I posted my settings, is there anything I can change? If this works
13 > for you folks, why not me? Well, this is usual really, everything
14 > seems to crap out on me. :/
15 >
16 > Open to ideas.
17 >
18 > Dale
19 >
20 > :-) :-) :-)
21 >
22
23 I did some experimenting here. I used Konqueror to access the site. At
24 first, all I got was a error. I could still get the site to come up in
25 Seamonkey so I knew the site was working fine. I then changed the
26 setting in Konqueror for it NOT to identify itself at all. Then the
27 site would come up with no error then. After about four tries to get
28 all that Passmark mess correct, I was able to get into the site. I
29 logged out, closed Konqueror, then opened it up again and tried again to
30 access the site. This was cool. I put in my login, then it went
31 straight to the password instead of asking me a dozen questions first.
32 In other words, it worked fine. So, it is not some firewall setting or
33 anything like that. It appears to be Seamonkey.
34
35 That said, I don't like using Konqueror as a web browser. How do I get
36 Seamonkey to either not ID itself or something so this will work? I
37 looked in preferences and I can't find anything in there to change.
38
39 At least there is hope now. Thanks for the help so far.
40
41 Dale
42
44