From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2019 18:08:53
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2019-11-28, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> One more question Grant, if you know.  Do you know about the range of
5 >> the wireless on this router?  You ever tested to see how far say a cell
6 >> phone or something will hold a signal and work?  I had to move my
7 >> printer to the kitchen, a far bedroom was to far away.  It would get a
8 >> signal at times but not often enough.  It's about 60 feet away and
9 >> really only two thin interior walls between the router and printer.  My
10 >> cell phone does better for some reason.  I can go outside and be about
11 >> 100 feet away and it still update the weather info fairly quickly.  I'm
12 >> just curious if you have tested this and can share some experience with
13 >> how it works in the real world.
14 > The range on the TP-Link seems better than average, but I haven't done
15 > any real testing.
16 >
17 > --
18 > Grant
21 Given the range of my current router is not real good, maybe it will be
22 better.  For my printer, it doesn't have to be to fast anyway.
23 Generally my cell phone is within 10 feet if I'm updating so it should
24 do fine within that range.
25
26 Thanks for the info.  At least I can figure it will be better.
27
28 Dale
29