From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [systemd] Is this a NetworkManager bug?
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 15:01:11
1 On 10/16/2014 04:34 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > At
3 > some point NM had integration with the OpenRC network configuration,
4 > and (AFAIR) sometimes it made a mess inside /etc/conf.d. I don't know
5 > if such integration exists anymore; nowadays I don't even have
6 > /etc/{conf,init}.d, and everything works so much better.
7
8 Bingo. I renamed conf.d and init.d and now NM works perfectly during
9 bootup. Now that you mention it, journalctl did print messages about
10 /etc/init.d and I thought it was a bit strange.
11
12 Thanks Canek and Tom for the excellent help.