From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ext4 another thread
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:45:54
1 Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2009 19:49:33 schrieb Harry Putnam:
2
3 > I didn't want to derail the existing thread discussing ext4 with this
4 > angle ... I'm guessing there may be comments that will not be helpful
5 > to that OP.
6 >
7 > I'm wondering what people running ext4 are seeing in practice that
8 > makes it better than ext3 or reiserfs? Is it safer journalling? Faster
9 > read/write? ...
10
11 That's indeed an interesting question. I'd say to some extend it's answered in
12 [1]. However, to me it looks like just another filesystem in the classical
13 sense. The one that really brings something new to the Linux filesystem world
14 will be btrfs. I've already tried some older versions of it and it looks very
15 promising. Volumes, RAID, data integrity, etc, all integrated into the
16 filesystem, similar to Suns ZFS.
17
18 Bye...
19