From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and missing paste file option in right click menu.
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:37:26
1 Howdy,
2
3 I did my weekly updates this past Sunday.  I noticed one change I like.
4 If I put my mouse pointer over a video file, it does like a animated
5 preview thingy.  I've seen some websites do that and it is kinda nifty.
6 Then I noticed something that is missing and I use that a LOT, I mean a
7 whole LOT.  When I move a file(s) from one place to another, I either
8 use Cut or Copy where the file is located and then use Paste where I
9 want it to go.  I can do the Cut and Copy part, they are in the right
10 click menu as always.  However, the Paste option is gone.  It's not
11 grayed out or something, its just plain gone, everywhere.  At first I
12 thought it was a settings issue but I've checked the settings and can't
13 find anything about it.  Then I moved on to permissions, nothing there.
14 As I said, Cut and Copy is there.  Even Move to Trash is there.  Only
15 the Paste option is missing which I find kinda odd really.  What is also
16 odd, I can't find a setting for Cut or Copy either.
17
18 This is either a bug or I'm not looking in the right place to enable
19 this again.  Since I can't find Cut or Copy in settings, maybe I'm
20 looking in the wrong place.  Then again, maybe something got removed,
21 disabled Paste and removed the option to control Cut and Copy too.  I'm
22 not sure which it is but I'd really like to have this option again.
23
24 I might add, doing a ctrl + v to paste works.  I'm doing that for now
25 but really miss the Paste option with the mouse.
26
27 Anyone else notice this or just me?  Am I missing where the setting to
28 control this is?  Is it just gone?  Thoughts?
29
30 Thanks.
31
32 Dale