From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VFS: Cannot open root device - kernel panic
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 01:59:44
1 On Freitag, 25. Mai 2007, Denis wrote:
2 > I have an Intel D975XBX2 motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
3 > processor. One Seagate SATA drive. An IDE CD-RW. Pretty much all
4 > the controllers on the board are Intel.
5 >
6 > I did re-set the clock, after which the make stopped complaining.
7 >
8 > One concern I have - when I configure the kernel, I fail to see where
9 > libata option is for the SATA driver... I scoured the whole
10 > menuconfig a few times but for some reason get the feeling like there
11 > are some options missing or something. I just recently set up a
12 > Gentoo box on another machine, and kernel config gave me no problems
13 > whatsoever, unlike now. That time I did it, I remember seeing the
14 > libata option in the kernel, and now I don't see it... I think it's
15 > the same kernel version 2.6.20-r8 that I installed on my other box.
16 > Maybe I'm just going nuts (which I am).
17
18 Device Drivers:
19
20 Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers --->
21
22 one below scsi, two below ide.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list