From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gkrellm sensors vanish
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 23:21:00
1 On Wednesday 10 May 2017 15:54:05 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Since about 2 weekly updates ago (which seems to neatly translate to a
3 > newly stable 2.3.10-r1 version of gkrellm) sometimes it starts without
4 > any of the hardware monitoring sensors displayed. Not always; but since
5 > gkrellm despite of all its other virtues is the misguided sort of
6 > program that confuse configuration and state, and save the state when
7 > exiting, this means once it happens I have to manually configure all the
8 > sensors again, with the GUI because I don't know another way. ARGH!
9 >
10 > _All_ the hw monitoring sensors disappear: temps, fans, and voltages,
11 > provided by at least two different hardware interfaces. This makes me
12 > doubt that the cause is some change in the kernel or udev or anything on
13 > that level - it looks more like a bug in gkrellm itself.
14 >
15 > (For complete clarity: I use the direct way to read sensor values, not
16 > via mbmon or lm-sensors.)
17 >
18 > Has anyone else seen this? There was a thread discussing gkrellm not so
19 > long ago, so I know there are other users around.
20
21 No, it's fine here, and I also don't use lm_sensors. I only show temperatures
22 though. I'd show you a screen shot, but it's 1.3MB.
23
24 Gkrellm is just about the most useful accessory for the Linux desktop, if
25 you ask me. I have three instances of it here, showing data from three
26 machines.
27
28 If you want to report a bug, the place to do it is on the mailing list
32 Regards
33 Peter