From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and Firefox clash over rust version.
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 11:28:21
1 On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 11:33, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I read in a bug report that this is fixed in a overlay. Makes me wonder
3 > why this has been going on for a month or so without a 'in tree' fix.
4 > I'd rather not add a overlay but if it is the only fix, may have too.
5
6 An alternative to adding the whole overlay (and the poly-c overlay is
7 quite big) is to just copy the ebuild you want to your local overlay.
8 It looks like poly is involved in the maintenance of this package
9 normally, so I'm not sure why this is not in the main repo yet, if
10 there is something weird being worked on.
11
12 The biggest change if you copy it locally, is that you get the latest
13 released version of seamonkey, and the rust dependency in the ebuild
14 has been updated to:
15
16 >=virtual/rust-1.34.0
17
18 That seems to indicate that the current requirement of <1.53 was never correct?
19
20 Either way, worth a try if you ask me, you're on a newer version, the
21 rust conflict with firefox will not come up again, and hopefully
22 eventually, the main gentoo repo will get even newer versions so
23 you'll get automatically updated without having added a full extra
24 overlay.
25
26 Regards,
27 Arve