From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] missing dependencies
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 12:30:54
1 2014-02-26 8:54 GMT-03:00 David M. Fellows <fellows@×××.ca>:
2
3 > On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 08:12:35 -0300
4 > Francisco Ares wrote -
5 > > --001a113311e686e7f304f34d4a39
6 > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
7 > >
8 > > Hi All,
9 > >
10 > > It has been for a while, now: every now and then, when updating a perl
11 > > module, it fails to emerge. Checking the log, it is possible to see
12 > > something like this, when I tied to update dev-perl/File-MimeInfo :
13 > >
14 > > ...
15 > > Checking prerequisites...
16 > > requires:
17 > > ! File::BaseDir is not installed
18 > > ! File::DesktopEntry is not installed
19 > > ...
20 > >
21 > > Then I checked to see, and both dev-perl/File-BaseDir and
22 > > dev-perl/File-DesktopEntry are really not installed and are not requested
23 > > for the dev-perl/File-MimeInfo update.
24 > >
25 > > At first I thought it was a one and only case. But as time goes by,
26 > there
27 > > has been perl packages that refuse to emerge at first, and then, checking
28 > > the emerge log, finding missing modules and manually emerging them,
29 > > everything goes as it should.
30 > >
31 > > Does anyone have a clue on where did I miss them?
32 >
33 > You need to run perl-cleaner to rebuild perl modules after a perl update.
34 >
35 > emerge perl-cleaner if neecessary
36 > perl-cleaner --all -p
37 > to check