From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 15:39:34
1 Hello list,
2
3 My MUA is KMail-2, which seems to be all right for others using IMAP but is
4 very far from robust when fetching POP3 mails. I've tried alternatives to
5 it, but none of them suit me - in particular, claws-mail is horrible,
6 requiring a very different mental model just to operate it. Therefore I'm
7 trying an evasion, which is to use fetchmail to retrieve emails from my ISP
8 and deliver them to postfix, which can then serve them via IMAP.
9
10 I already have postfix working, I think, collecting emails from the LAN, but
11 the fetchmail documentation is confusing and I hesitate to jump straight in
12 for fear of losing emails.
13
14 Is there any guidance on setting up fetchmail on Gentoo to operate in this
15 way? I've searched in likely places but the Gentoo docs are long out of date
16 and others don't help much, so I still don't know what to add to /etc/
17 conf.d/fetchmail, nor whether I need a ~/.fetchmailrc or an /etc/fetchmailrc
18 file (no sample comes with the ebuild).
19
20 What does the panel think?
23 Regards,
24 Peter.