From: Devraj Mukherjee <lugs@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA and RAID
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:39:00
1 I run a server running software RAID on SATA, performance is very
2 acceptable.
3
4 Yeah the SATA driver is not included in the default kernel
5 configuration, I messed around with that for a long time :)
6
7 Devraj
8
9 Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
10 > I'm considering moving to SATA and wanted some feedback from other
11 > Gentoo users.
12 >
13 > 1. For SATA RAID what cards and drives do you recommend for a desktop
14 > system running Gentoo. I will be doing some audio recording on a dual
15 > AMD 1.6 with 2 gig of memory
16 >
17 > 2. If I went with SATA how much does using software RAID and LVM hurt me?
18 >
19 > 3. Anything else I should know?
20 >
21 > Thanks.