From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: problem with v86d
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:33:39
1 On 11/06/14 08:14, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi. Does anyone have a clue as to why v86d should suddenly start being
3 > very cpu intensive on my computer? When I first boot its fine (using
4 > either systemd or openrc), but after a while -- maybe a day or two it
5 > starts using up lots of cpu and definitely increases the load average
6 > and slows down things. I notice this has not changed in several years,
7 > so I am wondering if it is not working as it used to?
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any ideas.
10
11 It's probably not v86d itself, but whoever is using it. But I don't know
12 how to find out for sure.
13
14 I didn't notice anything like that myself though. But that might be
15 because my machine isn't running for that long (I turn off my PC when I
16 don't need it.)