From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Helvetica fonts
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 21:21:02
1 On 03/07/2017 01:47 PM, David W Noon wrote:
2 > On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 13:19:33 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com
3 > (thelma@×××××××××××.com) wrote about Re: [gentoo-user] Helvetica fonts:
4 >
5 > [snip]
6 >> fc-list | egrep 'Helvetica' | sort
7 >
8 > This last one should give you what you need:
9 >
10 >> /usr/share/fonts/Helvetica/Helvetica.pfa:Helvetica:style=Regular
11 >
12 >> The display far from samples fonts on wiki :-/
13
14 Sorry, was typing fast. I mean to say the display fonts via flpsed are
15 not what is shown on wiki pages.
18 > I don't understand the above sentence.
19
20 It seems to me the problem is the creator of the pdf document (on my
21 system): pdfTeX-1.40.16 or cairo 1.9.5
22
23 Viewing these document via evnce, gv, gimp etc it show normal, nice
24 fonts; but when I open (same document) locally created via "flpsed" the
25 fonts are very rough.
26
27 When I try to open any other PDF file via "flpsed", not created by me,
28 the fonts are nice looking.
29
30 So, maybe I'm looking in a wrong place.
31
32 Here what is on my system:
33 qlist -C -I texlive
34
35 app-text/texlive
36 app-text/texlive-core
37 dev-texlive/texlive-basic
38 dev-texlive/texlive-fontsrecommended
39 dev-texlive/texlive-fontutils
40 dev-texlive/texlive-genericrecommended
41 dev-texlive/texlive-htmlxml
42 dev-texlive/texlive-langenglish
43 dev-texlive/texlive-latex
44 dev-texlive/texlive-latexrecommended