From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] youtube-dl and mpv.conf file
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2019 08:11:59
1 Howdy,
2
3 I download videos from youtube, recipes, howtos and such using
4 youtube-dl.  Anyway, I want to set it so that the highest resolution it
5 will download is 720P.  I just don't really need a 1920x1080 video
6 showing me how to dump a can of veggies into a pot or how to repair
7 something I'm working on.  lol  I've tried placing the config file in
8 the following so far.  Placing it in /etc/mpv/mpv.conf.  Then I placed
9 it in /home/dale/.config/mpv/mpv.conf.  When that failed, I tested it as
10 root, thought maybe it was permissions problem, and placed it in
11 /root/.config/mpv/mpv.conf.  When placing it in my /home directory, I
12 did make sure it was set to dale and users for permissions.
13
14 I stuck the following into the file, in each location I tried.
15
16 ytdl-format=bestvideo[height<=?720]+bestaudio/best
17
18 From my googling, that's what is shown is several places as being correct.
19
20 What am I missing here?  Does it look in a new place that I haven't
21 found yet?  Name changed?  Something else?  Anyone have a idea on where
22 this goes and/or why this isn't working?
23
24 Thanks much.
25
26 Dale