From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] shutdown, restart problem
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:40:39
1 On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 00:28 +0300, Martins Steinbergs wrote:
2
3 > i run into this problem, calling for shutdown or restart wont work, and cant
4 > find any logs on that. when xserver closes there is mess on screen and i
5 > loose any control over - just power button. Any ideas where to look? I dont
6 > keep track but possibly this is after baselayout and udev upgrade.
7
8 Do you mean it _used_ to work, and doesn't any more, or it never worked
9 properly?
10
11 Do you have a laptop?
12
13 What display driver are you using for X?
14
15 Are you using a framebuffer console?
16
17 I suspect it may be your X driver conflicting with your framebuffer
18 driver.
19
20 HTH,
21 --