From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new installation - ERROR: dev-lang/rust-1.47.0-r2::gentoo failed (compile phase)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 11:18:57
1 On Sunday, 17 January 2021 11:04:17 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Saturday, 16 January 2021 20:59:17 GMT thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 > > Reinstalling Gentoo on one box (I wiped the root partition, so it is a
4 > > clean install) and I'm getting this error
5 >
6 > --->8
7 >
8 > Have you thought of using rust-bin instead of rust? "emerge -1 rust-bin" It
9 > saves prodigious amounts of compiling here. Of course, you can't do that if
10 > you need to set particular USE flags.
11 >
12 > There was a discussion here a month or two ago. Either rust or rust-bin will
13 > satisfy virtual/rust.
16 Rust uses up tonnes of RAM in compiling, so unless enough RAM and perhaps SWAP
17 is available, it could fail. Increasing resources and/or reducing the make
18 job number should improve the situation.