From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and random crashes.
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 02:36:37
1 Nick Cunningham wrote:
2 > How much RAM do you have? With all those windows and tabs open im
3 > guessing your running out of RAM which may be causing the crashes, do
4 > you have a swap file? If so, how big is it and have you tried
5 > increasing its size?
6 >
7 > A big swap file may help, although dont expect your system to be
8 > responsive :)
9 >
10 > Alternatively, do you get the crashes with fewer windows and tabs open?
11 >
12 > - Nick
15 I ran memtest86 and it passed, about 38 times and the machine was warmed
16 up when it started. I'm not sure how good memtest86 is but its what I
17 got to test with.
18
19 May try the binary Seamonkey next. Pardon me while I go pray to the
20 porcelain god. I hate binaries.
21
22 Still open to ideas tho.
23