From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wanrouter modprobe
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:53:56
1 On 03/07/2013 09:23 AM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
2 > Hi people!
3 > I have tried to install the latest release of wanpipe through the
4 > freeswitch overlay, which I did so far successfully. Shortly I have
5 > realised, that the "wanrouter" module is not loadable. When I try to
6 > load it I get the following error:
7 >
8 > office / # modprobe wanrouter
9 > modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'wanrouter': Exec format error
12 > What could it be?!
15 It sounds like the kernel doesn't know how to run the binary. I don't
16 have experience with this particular error, but maybe running
17
18 `file wanrouter.ko`
19
20 and checking to see what it says may be of help.
21
22 It should tell you what executable format it is using, then you'd need
23 to cross-reference in the kernel .config to make sure you have support
24 for that executable format compiled in.
25
26 Dan