From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:38:29
1 On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:21:53 +0100, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote:
3 > On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:09:23 +0200, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
4 >
5 >> The USE flag idea is non-viable and doesn't make sense.
6 >
7 > Why not? The flag already exists for the very purpose the OP raised.
8
9 Oh, you meant "vanilla", sorry, I was talking about the other idea that I
10 read on I don't know which mail before about USE flags to set different
11 editors, which is not viable at all.
12
13 I'd have nothing against the "vanilla" flag, but surely everyone will want
14 a flag for their preferred editor. Using a var in make.conf is absolutely
15 better in my opinion, but as said, this is non-trivial. Portage would need
16 to adjust the dependencies, it's not as easy as to throw a random string
17 into the ebuild.
20 Jesús Guerrero