From: Nganon <nganon+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to build a time machine on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:54:35
1 On 18 August 2010 21:37, Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 08/18/2010 11:03 AM, Nganon wrote:
4 > > Clear now, thanks.
7 > > If you want a robust filesystem, look into ZFS/BTRFS.
10 > > AFAIK ZFS is unmaintained and BTRFS is not stable, am I wrong?
11 >
12 > Not really. ZFS is only available on Solaris right now. I seem to
13 > remember it was running on one of the BSD's, too, since it's a matter of
14 > licensing that is the hurdle of greatest height. I've only played with
15 > BTRFS on my dev box and the simple workout I gave it did not tax it in
16 > any way--it worked okay.
19 Right, remembered after reading the 'licensing', it was only available
20 through FUSE.
21
22 I just checked on BTRFS. wiki.kernel.org says BTRFS is stable as of 2.6.29
23 but still
24 masked on Gentoo. I will read more about it later and decide whether to
25 convert.