From: "Andreas Prieß" <ap@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Switch to VT1 on shutdown fails with mesa >= 9.1
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:20:23
1 Since I don't know the cause and didn't find a way to debug this, here
2 are the symptoms:
3
4 Ever since media-libs/mesa >= 9.1 went stable I had the problem, that
5 the switch from Xfce on VT7 back to VT1 on shutdown fails. The screen
6 goes black and does not show anything, but the system halts as normal.
7 It is not possible to switch to VT1 by keyboard while the shutdown is
8 still in progress when this has happened.
9
10 I can't find anything in the Xorg or other log files according to this
11 problem. Can't find anything related in Gentoo bugzilla or searching the
12 web...
13
14 The problem always disappeared by downgrading to mesa < 9.1, but that
15 now requires other packages to be downgraded too, so I'd like to resolve
16 this.
17
18 It is an AMD64 system with an ATI Barts PRO [Radeon HD 6850] using KMS,
19 desktop session with Xfce started by x11-misc/lightdm.
20
21 Any hints on how to debug this problem would be highly appreciated.
22
23 Andreas