From: "Sebastian Beßler" <webmaster@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4 bugs update
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:36:53
1 Am 01.10.2009 08:27, schrieb daid kahl:
2
3 > What all do you unmask for this? I'm still kicking around 3.5.10, but I
4 > wouldn't mind some updated apps, and some of the new Konsole features sound
5 > useful (which is ironic, since they were laid out as to why there aren't
6 > differences from 3.5.10...)
7
8 I don't know what was exactly needed to unmask because I go ~amd64 since
9 some time now. To prevent kde4 to install full I have it hard masked in
10 package.mask and use autounmask to unmask the parts I want to use. You
11 could use autounmask -p kde-base/konsole-4.3.1-r1 to see what would be
12 unmasked.
13
14 > Of course I wouldn't mind Okular either, but I think this needs the full
15 > kde4 libraries.
16
17 I use Okular here and it works really fine.
18 Ok, I have 8GB RAM so the additional libs from kde4 don't hurt here.
19
20 Greetings
21
22 Sebastian