From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT Good DNS registrar?
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:41:50
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for a good DNS registrar, where I provide my own primary
5 > and secondary service. Maybe one that will provide some secondary
6 > service. I did find this list, but most seem to be just selling
7 > DNS bundled with indigenous web hosting:
8 >
9 > http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html
10 >
11 > Anyother possiblitiy (if anyone on this list is interested, is to
12 > swap secondary DNS services with somebody else, preferable in the
13 > usa, as that is where ~90% of my traffic will originate/terminate.
14 > My traffic is very low volume.
17 > Any ideas or recommendations?
20 > James
27 Well, I would not propose registrar(s) because it may sound as an
28 advertisement. I've never heard about a free registrar. AFAIK all of
29 them are commercial. However if we talk about a free service provider I
30 hope it won't be a problem, so I would propose you to try the DNS
31 service provided by http://www.everydns.net/ . It is free and if you
32 don't like it you could just replace it with another one which would
33 serve you better.
34 If you also need reverse resolving then you have to ask your ISP to put
35 your domain name in their DNS.
38 HTH
41 P.S.
42
43 I have no connection nor relation with "EveryDNS.net" other than I'm
44 using their free DNS service and I'm pleased with it.
47 Best regards,
48 Daniel
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list