From: "caveman رجل الكهف" <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] \ \ \ 2021 / / /
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 15:08:15
1 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
2 On Thursday, December 24, 2020 8:11 PM, <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > ....{@} * {@} * {@} Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!
5 > {@} * {@} * {@} * {@} Wish you all extra ordinary good luck!
6 > {@} * {@} * {@}
7 > \ \ \ 2021 / / /
8 >
9 > And thank you all for the help you trying to provide.
10 > That is what distinguish Gentoo community from other forums.
11
12 hi. i just want to help a bit by sharing a
13 thought that i think is useful to the civilisation
14 of life forms in general:
15
16 - new year celebrations are wasteful in
17 several ways (e.g. waste on needless
18 purchases [aka gifts], useless fireworks,
19 useless trees with socks on them, etc).
20
21 - the vacation is nice to allow potential good
22 use of it. but even this is usually abused
23 by most people as they end up just wasting
24 it alongside their money for purely doing
25 silly things such as purposeless tourism.
26
27 - i hope that, one day, humanity won't do such
28 useless things, and --instead-- we re-direct
29 the otherwise-wasted resources into actually
30 useful things such as (not limited to):
31
32 * contributions to scientific
33 research.
34
35 * foss projects.
36
37 * ...
38
39 * purchase of scientific books/tools for
40 smart kids that love science, but live in
41 situations where their parents are unable
42 to afford as such to them.
43
44 i personally think this last point to be
45 the best investment in the long-run. most
46 likely today we lack potentially great
47 scientists because they simply got wasted
48 due to lack of funding during their
49 childhood. likewise today's science
50 potentially lags centuries behind what it
51 would've been if we had taken this point
52 more seriously centuries ago.
53
54 it's never too early to start acting better.