From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge custom notes reminders
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:28:34
1 Is there a way to add custom notes reminders during emerge or after?
2
3 I've upgraded the bin scanner package (from overlay):
4 brother-scan4-bin-0.4.4-r4
5 and I receive an email note from emerge:
6 ----
7 LOG: postinst
8 You may need to be in the scanner or plugdev group in order to use the
9 scanner
10 To add a network scanner to sane, run:
11 brsaneconfig4 -a name=(name your device) model=(model name) ip=xx.xx.xx.xx
12 or simply run brsaneconfig4 for more options
13 ----
14
15 I didn't pay attention to it as my scanner was already configured.
16 What it didn't tell me that the upgrade emptied my configuration file:
17 /opt/brother/scanner/brscan4/brsanenetdevice4.cfg
18
19 It is not a Gentoo like behaviour. If there are any changes need to be
20 made it should be done via: cfgupdate etc. style; not just wipe the
21 configuration file.
24 Thelma