From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preserved-rebuild python endless loop
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 01:42:14
1 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 03/23/2015 05:12 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Is it me or does the search function at fgo pretty much stink? I find a
4 >> lot of times I type in something and where it should show what I
5 >> searched for, it is blank which means it kicked all my search terms
6 >> out. Surely it ain't just me. o_O
7 > It's not just you, when I'm looking for something on the forums I use
8 > Google and specifically search the gentoo forums by adding
9 > 'site:forums.gentoo.org' to the search terms.
10 >
11 > Dan
14 I use startpage, front end for google, but I just start the search with
15 Gentoo being the first term. That usually will turn up either a mailing
16 list thread or a forum post. Usually. I just find it odd that a distro
17 that has been around as long as Gentoo has can't even have a search tool
18 that returns useful results. If they are going to make it this useless,
19 why have one at all? Just put up a link to google that puts the
20 site:f.g.o in the box and let folks use that instead.
21
22 Oh well. At least I can search my local mailing list archives here. ;-)
23
24 Dale
25