From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Progress bar for cp?
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 22:38:56
1 On Thursday 23 November 2006 20:06, Daniel Vrcic wrote:
2
3 > Yeah, I thought that too, but I don't get it, not even with -v. I've
4 > tried to copy some really big files and directories recursively and
5 > there's no progress bar showed. Quick look at a manpage mentions only
6 > how to disable it (-q) but that's useless to me, isn't it? :) Any clue
7 > what could be wrong?
8
9 Well, scp does not have a real "progress bar" (ie, like wget), but only
10 shows what the man page calls "progress meter" (percentage, size, speed
11 and ETA indicators). Are you getting at least these indicators? or
12 nothing at all?
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list