From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 with two monitors does not respect boundaries/edges between them
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 22:50:43
1 On Tuesday 17 May 2011 22:09:41 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 May 2011 21:22:56 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > In KDE4.5 if I were to maximise a window of an application while it was
4 > > positioned say in the left monitor, it would maximise to occupy all of
5 > > the real estate in the left monitor only. If the application was in
6 > > the right monitor, it would maximise to occupy only the right monitor.
7 >
8 > In The monitors section of system settings, there should be a multiple
9 > monitors section. I think, I'm on my single-screen netbook now, that I
10 > have all the boxes ticked, and it works as you want.
11 >
12 > However, occasionally, after an upgrade, it reverts to how you describe.
13 > The "solution" is to unset and reset some of those options and restart
14 > KDE, then it remembers how it should behave again.
15
16 Thanks Neil, there's the 'Display and Monitor' section in SystemSettings.
17 I've changed things around, changed their position from 'absolute' to 'right
18 of' and back again, changed the refresh rate to auto and finally changed the
19 Primary Output to DVI. Logged out/in and it is still the same xinerama like
20 behaviour. One big single virtual screen, rather than two screens in two
21 monitors as it was until 4.6 came along.
22
23 I knew from the start KDE4.6 was installed something was amiss because the
24 toolbar at the bottom of the screen was extended across both monitors (it used
25 to be on the RH side only) and on the left hand monitor it was not visible (it
26 was below the bottom edge of the screen).
27
28 This is really annoying and hinders productivity ... :-(
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick