From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] every second rightclick in KDE: the context menu does not stay
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 19:53:31
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 060403 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
3 > > Upon rightclicking in most KDE apps, a context menu appears;
4 > > but when moving the mouse a bit away from the menu and
5 > > rightclicking again, the context menu appears just shortly: it
6 > > blinks and stays away. This happens in most KDE apps
7 > > (Konqueror, KMail, Konversation, Kate), but does not happen in
8 > > KWrite, nor on the desktop itself.
9 >
10 > With KDE 3.5.1 , I find this only in Kate, which ordinarily I
11 > don't use; it doesn't happen in Konqueror (Internet/file-mgr),
12 > Kwrite, Konsole, Kjots. This suggests it may be some effect of
13 > sessions/profiles/settings.
14
15 I've made a new user with complete 3.5.2 default settings, and there
16 it happens in fewer places, but it still happens in:
17
18 * the sidebar of the navigation panel of Konqueror
19 * the column headers of the message list in KMail
20 * empty space of the Kicker Panel (move it to the top to see this)
21 * the edit and filelist windows of Kate
22 * the playlist of Kaffeine
23 ...
24
25 This doesn't suggest to me that it is a problem with sessions or
26 profiles or settings, but a basic KDE problem.
27
28 Benno
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list