From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 14:26:51
1 2009/10/2 Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>:
2 > On 10/2/2009 1:29 AM, Arthur D. wrote:
3 >
4 >> Agree. There's no need in making vim as depends. But in other hand in
5 >> vanilla sudo
6 >> package there's VI hardcoded by default. And MOST if not ALL users who
7 >> have VIM
8 >
9 > So basically, you're entire silly argument boils down to "I don't like nano,
10 > make it go away."
11 >
12 > And yes, I also don't like nano, don't have it installed, and use vim for
13 > everything.  Shockingly enough, visudo works *exactly the way I want*. So
14 > lets not go lumping "most if not all users who have vim" into your little
15 > rant.  If I had to venture a guess, I'd say most, if not all, users who
16 > managed to get vim installed and nano removed are more than capable of
17 > configuring sudo appropriately.
20 Exactly.
21 Let's stop the flame (yeah, its all flame as this is HIS problem, and
22 we'll never change his mind).
23
24 SIMPLE:
25
26 Stage3 is the default way to install Gentoo.
27 Nano is in stage3.
28 Nano supplies EDITOR.
29 Sudo needs EDITOR.
30 Hardcode what we are SURE to have (nano).
31 Change de default if you don't like it (EDITOR variable or sudoers
32 file, or whatever of the dozen choices you have).
35 Daniel da Veiga