From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} RAM & apache MaxClients (rock & a hard place)
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:34:49
1 > Michael's proxy suggestion is excellent too - I use nginx for this a
2 > lot. It's amazingly easy to set up, a complete breath of fresh air after
3 > the gigantic do-all beast that is apache. Performance depends a lot on
4 > what your sites actually do, if every page is dynamic with changing
5 > content then a reverse proxy doesn't help much. Only you know what your
6 > page content is like.
7
8 It sounds like having apache serve dynamic .html pages and nginx serve
9 images on the same port means turning apache into a proxy for nginx
10 which I'm hoping isn't too difficult. Could this pose any problems
11 for an ecommerce site? Changing completely from a user-facing apache
12 to a user-facing nginx sounds fraught with peril.
13
14 - Grant