From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: howto get systemd to use localtime (I think)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 13:50:51
1 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 5:07 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > >
6 > >> On Tue, 27 May 2014 01:37:17 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >> > OK, thanks, I have no /etc/adjtime at all, and I have two files,
9 > >> > /etc/localtime (not a link) and /etc/timezone. Should I delete the
10 > >> > later and change the former to a link?
11 > >>
12 > >> No. Gentoo copies the correct file from /usr/share/zoneinfo rather than
13 > >> making a symlink, so that it still works if /usr is a separate filesystem
14 > >> that has not yet been mounted - the clock is set before local filesystems
15 > >> are mounted. It uses the contents of /etc/timezone to determine which
16 > >> file to copy.
17 > >>
18 > >> Check that /etc/timezone is correct. If not, change it and either copy
19 > >> the correct file manaually or re-emerge sys-libs/timezone-data.
20 > >
21 > > /etc/timezone is correct. I wonder when systemd using dracut sets the
22 > > time, maybe its confused. I don't see it using hwclock like openrc used
23 > > to, but I found an hwclock unit somewhere, should I try to use that?
27 > I believe systemd-timedated should take care of it.
28 >
29 > Going back to the /etc/adjtime file that jcallen referred to: You can
30 > create the file and set it to LOCAL by running "timedatectl
31 > set-local-rtc 1".
32
33 OK, I will do and see what happens on the next reboot.
37 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
38 How do
39 you spend it?
40
41 John Covici