From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new mobo : Eth0 recovered
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:07:40
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > Thanks again for the help : I'm now back in my 2007 machine
3 > & able to send e-mails. You actually have to remove the offensive file
4 > from the dir, not simply rename it to 'xx70xx...' !
5 > Between Intel & Udev, I'm feeling somewhat abused today,
6 > but Gentoo User mailing-list came thro' yet again :
7 > I hope I sometimes manage to help others with similar problems.
11 That's the same way files in /etc/portage/ works too. I do wish we
12 could put a # on the front to make it ignore files.
13
14 We can dream I guess.
15
16 Dale
17
21 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
22 how you interpreted my words!
23
24 Miss the compile output? Hint:
25 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"