From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Notice: possible past, present and future breakage related to .la files
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:46:15
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 09/29/2010 03:40 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
3 >> Hi all users,
4 >> we hope to be able to provide a better experience for all of you at
5 >> the end of this (bumpy) journey.
6 >>
7 >> Thanks!
8 >
9 > On behalf of the Geriatric Gentoo Users Group I say, "No, please,
10 > allow us to
11 > thank YOU for all the great work you do for gentoo!"
12 >
13 > Maintaining high quality is always an uphill battle, and those of us
14 > in the GGUG
15 > know and appreciate how much work you do on our behalf. So, once
16 > again, thanks
17 > from the old farts!
18 >
19 > Alan, Volker, Dale -- anything to add?
22 +1 If I could reproduce, I would say +2. Alas there is only one of
23 me. Stop clapping and jumping up and down in your seat. ;-)
24
25 As least we know this is coming. I just wonder why there wasn't
26 something added to portage to fix this? Maybe that wasn't doable. If a
27 person was to download a new stage3 and do a fresh install, would that
28 put a end to this problem? In other words, does this affect new
29 installs the same as old installs?
30
31 Dale
32