From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Package blocks
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 20:34:44
1 Hi,
2
3 First, I've looked on the archives, but didn't find anything that really
4 helped.
5
6 The situation is that I need to install xz-utils but it is being blocked
7 by lzma-utils.
8
9 One suggestion from the archives was to install an updated package of
10 eix and another one, but neither of these are installed on my system.
11
12 Another post stated that the person was uncomfortable removing
13 lzma-utils because of the packages that depend on it. I feel the same
14 way because among others, core-utils and linux-headers depend on
15 lzma-utils, which has apparently been deprecated in favour of xz-utils.
16
17 Has anyone solved this issue and if so, can you tell me what you did?
18
19 Thanks in advance.
20
21 Colleen