From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] could there be a problem with acct-group/lp?
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2021 19:52:22
1 On 12/31/20 2:14 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 12/31/20 2:34 AM, n952162 wrote:
3 >>
4 >> cups was already installed.  I considered removing it, but several other
5 >> things, like ghostscript (!) are dependent on it.  I'm using
6 >> --keep-going for now.  I suspect a bug in acct-group/lp that will get
7 >> cleared up.
10 > If it's a bug in the acct-user eclass, it's a rare one. It would help
11 > if you could pin down the root cause. It's not something easy like "it
12 > fails if the user already exists." Every user and group ebuild is
13 > already at "-r1", which means they've been reinstalled at least once
14 > on most peoples' machines.
17 Perhaps this is relevant:
18
19   https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7975642.html
20
21 I haven't tried commenting out the group yet because my update is still
22 in progress...
23
24 I'd considering removing the group, like, legally, but was afraid it
25 might erase things, like my cups ppd files.  But just commenting the
26 group out is genius.