From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] QTrouble: static libraries?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:13:26
1 I have a QT program that's supposed to run on a server. I never liked
2 the idea of putting all this QT runtime crap on the server just for this
3 single program, so when it still ran SuSE, I just compiled it statically
4 and all was fine. Now under Gentoo, the program complains it couldn't
5 open the display (yes, I'm using ssh -X and other X programs are fine).
6 So I thought maybe it's the switch from XF86 to X.org, can't hurt to
7 recompile with the latest libraries. But there are no static libraries
8 (libqt.a and such) installed and I don't know how to get portage to
9 install them. USE=static seems to work only for linking certain programs
10 statically, not the libs itself.
11 I'm probably overlooking something very obvious...
12
13 cheers!
14 Matthias
15 --
16 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
17 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665