From: Robert Svoboda <r080@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] struggling with dri
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:36:08
1 * Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com> [2005-10-09 23:10]:
2 > Hi,
3
4 Hi,
5
6 > I know this is a well discussed topic.. but I can't find answer to my
7 > problem.. and I'm completely lost in all mails/forums..
8 >
9 > I have a ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY and I been using
10 > "radeon" driver from kernel.
11
12 I have M7 LW but they are very similar I believe...
13
14 > In order to enable rendering, I been looking around and after no success I
15 > was told that I should use fglrx driver from proprietary ATI-drivers! Tried
16 > it, but no deal! Then I was again told that these drivers were not to my
17 > card, and that radeon should made it.
18
19 Yes, I think so.
20
21 > So, I'm back to radeon but still no rendering. However, there's noting
22 > saying the opposite unless:
23 > # glxinfo | grep -i rendering
24 > direct rendering: No
25
26 [...]
27
28 Did you compile agp, drm, radeon into kernel or as modules?
29 There are some issues (or at least there were) with this.
30
31 Mine works like this:
32 CONFIG_AGP=y
33 CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
34 CONFIG_DRM=y
35 CONFIG_DRM_RADEON=y
36
37 (Some people suggest compiling radeon as module but it works
38 for me this way)
39
40 Any dmesg output?
41