From: David Helstroom <david.helstroom@××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] import .(dot)pst files into KMail?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 01:33:30
1 El Nino wrote:
2
3 > dear friends,
4 >
5 > my company user has his all mails on one .pst(MS outlook PST file)
6 > file & it contains more than 2GB. so now i have to import them into
7 > newly installed KMail application on my Linux box. my question is how
8 > can i import .(dot)pst file into KMail?
9 >
10 > all advices are welcome...
11 >
12 I remember doing this a long time ago... I think I installed the Mozilla
13 suite on the Windows box, and used Mozilla Mail to import the Outlook
14 files. I seem to remember that Mozilla on Windows can make use of
15 Outlook's own PST handling DLLs or something, as the Mozilla on Windows
16 provides this import from Outlook/PST, while Mozilla on Linux does not.
17
18 Once the emails are imported into Mozilla Mail, copy the actual mail
19 directory (something like "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application
20 Data\Mozilla\Mail\...." - you'll need to have a bit of a search) to the
21 Linux box, and use the KMail import options to process it.
22
23 Hope that helps,
26 Dave.

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature