From: Andrew MacKenzie <amackenz@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multiple TV Cards.
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:19:05
1 I'm building a MythTV box and I have two TV tuners I'd like to use. One is
2 a AVerMedia TVPhone (video0 - this card works fine) the other is an ATI
3 TV-Wonder VE (video1 - does not work fine).
4
5 The TV Wonder apparently needs to be told which tuner to use via
6 these instructions:
7 http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATI_TV-Wonder_VE
8
9 -------8<-------
10 poppa-serve ~ # grep bttv /etc/modules.conf
11 alias char-major-81 bttv
12 options bttv tuner=2
13 -------8<-------
14
15 Linux does seem to be picking up the wrong tuner for this card (dmesg shows
16 bttv1: using tuner=19).
17
18 But since I have two video cards that are both using bttv... How do I set
19 this option for one but not the other? Can I 'rmmod' the driver for video1
20 but not video0?
23 // Andrew MacKenzie | http://www.edespot.com
24 // GPG public key: http://www.edespot.com/~amackenz/public.key
25 // ** Windows has detected a mouse movement.
26 // ** Please restart Windows so changes can take effect.